Friday, March 19, 2010

Plays

ok what happened most often this month was experimenting with play.

last year i saw Wicked live on broadway.
earlier this year i saw Rent on DVD (thanks again for the present Eric)
this month Eric recommended a few plays to me that I watched. I will list them then give comments at the end.
1. Spring Awakening
2. Next to Normal
3. Legally Blonde the Musical (yes i have seen the movie too)
I also saw Julius Caesar performed in our school this week by some Shakespeareans.
And today I saw students from my school perform Into the Woods.


1. Wicked- a lot of fun and very good for someone who likes fantasy. it makes you rethink The Wizard of Oz a lot. Amazing and probably me favorite play (mostly cuz it was my first and only live one)
2. Rent- Amazing. very interesting and thoughtful. complicated tho.
3. Spring Awakening- Amazing (yes i think that a lot). kinda awkward, but it is a great play.
4. Next to Normal- Really good, but not my favorite. the music is great and it is a really good story. it is a little hard to follow for a while but it pulls together easily.
5. Legally Blonde- Good, I liked it a lot better than the movie. Fun.
6. Julius Caesar- Good but this version was kinda strange. there was a lot of symbolism.
7. Into the Woods- Fun. the actors (in my school anyway) interacted with the audience a few times and went off stage a lot. It was funny and easy to follow. Pretty much all of you're favorite fairy tales combined.

Anyway, I've had a lot of fun this month while watching these and Eric has others on DVD for me.

By the way, there were a few of these plays that i really didn't think that i would like until i watched them and i ended up loving them.

Anyway I should go,

Blog to ya later!

3 comments:

  1. WELCOME!

    *feels accomplished that I succeeded my first month on the job*

    ReplyDelete
  2. to add i saw into the woods (not a school version) and i saw romeo and juliet on a field trip at another school (both in april)

    ReplyDelete
  3. also to add i almost forgot to mention that a few months ago i saw Hair

    ReplyDelete